ANOTHER Fedora upgrade tale of woe...

All,

I tried to upgrade RH 8 on another of my development machines and, while the upgrade claimed it was successful, the upgrade process royally messed up in setting up the modules for the kernel. The modules.info file is missing from /boot. Also the /lib/modules/e2.4.20-20.... directory that contains those modules..... wasn't even created so when Fedora boots up, I get a cascade of missing modules errors.

I have no idea why the modules files are missing, but more importantly how can I fix this problem? Reinstalling from the distribution CD just skips over everything and doesn't fix the problem. I imagine I'll have to patch all of this by hand but don't really know where to start.... any ideas?

-- John