Re: Non FOSS and Fedora

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 09:50, Colin Charles wrote:
> So, giving someone instructions as to how to install the JRE for
> instance (though not exactly non-free), is OK, imho.

When Sun's Java allows the user to:

  0. run the program for any purpose
  1. study the program and adapt it to his needs
  2. distribute copies
  3. distribute improved copies

then Java will be Free Software.

Until then, it's exactly non-Free.

Remember then when I speak of Free Software, I speak of Free as in Free
Speech, not free as in free beer.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?