Re: Windows key (Was Re: 2 newbie questions.)

Em Sáb, 2004-01-10 às 15:54, David Jackson escreveu:
> > Why the heck this is not default? There's no new pc keyboard on the
> > stores which doesn't have the start key. Ignore it in favor of alt-f1 is
> > just stupid for the entry desktop linux from people which is coming from
> > windows.

> On a "slightly" more serious note, you need to seperate the
> Linux(Kernel/GNU/OS)administrative  issues  from the deskstop(GNOME/KDE)
> issues and Distribution issues?

I know I could say this to a gnome list. I'm aware I could even post
this to some xfree list, saying that every single keyboard sold today
for pc have those 3 keys.

Well, these guys have other concerns. The first one, gnome does not run
only on pcs, and they like macintosh-like stuff. Change this to default
only on x86 would be as stupid as well. The xfree guys, I don't know -
maybe I'm scared of them - its a misterious group of mystic beings that
releases their bits of gracefullness to mortal people - or those
accountants from dilbert's cartoon :-) Just kidding.

I'm saying this on a fedora list, because fedora is not vanilla gnome,
nor vanilla kde. There are SEVERAL little tweaks on redhat/fedora
desktop which made lots of people switch to redhat/fedora. Most of them
unify and simplify desktop operation, specially from those coming from
windoze world.

Maybe fedora-desktop list?

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group