up2date oddity and free software video card support

James Jones wrote:
> I took everyone's advice--went to a mirror, and it indeed looks like I
> didn't install the pertinent GPG key.

It is odd (perhaps a bug) that one can not install the Fedora key and yet
still begin using up2date (and then not actually *update* anything because
the appropriate key is missing).

> Life is good (save for having to yet again recompile the !$!@#$!% nVidia
> driver after I reboot...).

Switch to another video card for which free software drivers are already
included with FC and you won't have that problem anymore.  There are plenty
of good video cards out these days to use.