Re: can someone explain why *this* page does NOT load properly?

jpearl24 wrote:

|On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 01:15, Elton Woo wrote:

|>jpearl24 wrote:
|>
|>|On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 00:15, Elton Woo wrote:
|>|

> [...]
|>|
|>|i say it was made with dreamweaver and it wasnt made compatible with
|>|netscape... my site does it too.. http://jpearl.servehttp.com

*your* site mentioned above, displays without problems in mozilla. I'm
NOT using
Windows, nor WINE.  ... so what gives?

|>First of all: thank you *VERY MUCH* for your quick reply. The site is
|>that of a very good
|>friend of mine who had just shown it to me on his Windows machine.
|>Imagine his chagrin, and
|>my annoyance, that it would NOT properly load under *any* of the above
|>mentioned browsers.
|>I even downloaded Opera for Linux, and it displays _nothing_, when I go
|>to that site.

|no no there isnt a dreamweaver plugin ... they used a <div> tag that |does some funky things. Using a div tag is like a layer so the designer |just had to drag and drop the text box in the lay out... try netscape on |a M$ box im sure it will look the same... have him put the text in a |table or put page breaks in ... |i think mozilla /netscape doesnt like div tag code much ... |im sure for now the average user isnt using linux anyways.

In short, I can't use my linux box to view his web page. The web design
company
(based here in Montreal) seems to be having a problem. While I was over
at my friend's house,
he attempted to load their (the design company's) web page, and  he
could not scroll down the
page, since it did not give him any scroll bars! (This is with MSIE,
under Windows XP).

I will see if I can find out the correct name of the web-designer (the
guy is very proud of the
green frog on his web page, even if the rest doesn't even load properly
under the "default"
operating system. ... go figure! <*snicker*>

much appreciated... your explanations above...

Elton.

- --
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.