Re: can someone explain why *this* page does NOT load properly?

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 01:15, Elton Woo wrote:

> jpearl24 wrote:
>
> |On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 00:15, Elton Woo wrote:

> |>Please have a look at: http://www.bonheur.ca/.
> |>Under Mozilla 1.4.1, Konqueror or Epiphany 1.0.4.
> |>
> |>Thanks in advance,
> |>
> |>Elton Woo .
> |
> |i say it was made with dreamweaver and it wasnt made compatible with
> |netscape... my site does it too.. http://jpearl.servehttp.com
>
> First of all: thank you *VERY MUCH* for your quick reply. The site is
> that of a very good
> friend of mine who had just shown it to me on his Windows machine.
> Imagine his chagrin, and
> my annoyance, that it would NOT properly load under *any* of the above
> mentioned browsers.
> I even downloaded Opera for Linux, and it displays _nothing_, when I go
> to that site.
>
> My friend is not that computer-savvy, and just this evening, while I was
> visiting, he showed me
> his web page (FYI, it's in French, and is dedicated to promoting
> consideration and concern for
> the elderly and retired people, who have always been near and dear to
> his heart).
>
> While at his home, he also loaded the web site of the *designer* of his
> site. This latter would load, but refused to display any scroll bars _in
> Windows_ and in MSIE!!!!! I don't remember the
> name of the site, but I will get it from my friend, and send a message
> to this web designer, who is
> based in Montreal.
>
> ... again (as angry as I am) I really appreciate your kind assistance
> ... is there a dreamweaver plugin for mozilla?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Elton.

no no there isnt a dreamweaver plugin ... they used a <div> tag that
does  some funky things. Using a div tag is like a layer so the designer
just had to drag and drop the text box in the lay out... try netscape on
a M$ box im sure it will look the same... have him put the text in a
table or put page breaks in ...
i think mozilla /netscape doesnt like div tag code much ...
im sure for now the average user isnt using linux anyways.
--
jason pearl <jpearl24@xxxxxxx>