Re: NUBIE to alternate OS world-Install

Simply put in the first CD in your CD-rom drive and reboot your computer. Go into BIOS setup and change the boot-order so that the machine tries to boot from the cd before the hd.

good luck
/j

Ian Desjarlais wrote:

Weeks ago I downloaded the RH Linux 9 ISO's and was clueless. Yesterday I
downloaded and burned the three ISO;s for Fedora, and not much has changed... I
have laptop running XP professional on a double partitioned HD (1/2 is XP, 1/2
is unformatted) I tried to boot off of the first ISO and nothing happend
except windows booted. I then tried imaging the boot floopy, but it was larger
than 1.4 mb...it didn't fit. I also have no clue how to run a shell prompt
to check the MD5cheksumthing or other. Here I now find myself asking for any
help that peopel may give.

IanD