Re: LDAP auth

How, exactly, are you authenticating users? What attributes are you authenticating? Are you authenticating via PHP? Or...?

What specifically makes you think authentication isn't working? What error messages, if any, are you getting?

Bob

Patrick Nelson wrote:

Am trying to move an LDAP authentication server over to my Fedora
system.  However, it isn't working.  Here are the specifics:

  Old system: RH72 openldap-server-2.0.27-2.7.3
  New system: FD1  openldap-server-2.1.22-8

User ldif:

dn: uid=pnelson,ou=people,dc=neatech,dc=com
uid: pnelson
cn: Patrick Nelson
givenname: Patrick
sn: Nelson
mail: pnelson@xxxxxxxxxxx
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}**REMOVED**
shadowLastChange: 11631
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 589
gidNumber: 589
homeDirectory: /home/pnelson
gecos: Patrick Nelson

All I want this to do is authenticate users.  Anyone know what I have to
do to get this to authenticate.  It adds to the LDAP db (I can see it
using ldapsearch) but when I change the authentication to then new
server it doesn't work.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.