older Red hat versions

Hey guys

I've got two questions this time.

1) My friend has written a script and wants it to automatically run if a
certain user logins in( how can he add the script to automatically run
when he logs on)

2)I've got a laptop and I've had difficult time installing red hat 8,9
and fedora (each time the computer returns that the monitor cannot be
recognized, and then freezes (even in text mode) is there some generic
monitor driver I can use to prevent it from freezing and complete the
install?

thanks

gm

thanks