Re: udf cd rw

>From: Chris Hewitt <fedlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: udf cd rw
>
>Chris Hewitt wrote:
>
>I've only found UDF to be read-only not writable. However, using CD
>burning software, what I do is to blank a CD-RW then write to it is
>ISO9660 as though it were a CD-R rather than CD-RW. As I use it for
>backups, writing a lot at once is what I want to do. There is not the
>convenience of adding a single file to it as with UDF, but this fits my
>needs.
>
>I would like UDF write support, but have not found any.
>
>Regards
>
>Chris

Chris,

there is kernel support to UDF writing , but it is marked as dangerous in make xconfig...  here's the description of the feature.. looks like it wouldnt be usefull , as it doesnt support CDR/RW yet..

CONFIG_UDF_RW:

Say Y if you want to test write support for UDF file systems.
Due to lack of support for writing to CDR/CDRW's, this option
is only supported for hard discs, DVD-RAM, and loopback files.

Pedro Fernandes Macedo