Re: Bittorrent

Krikket wrote:

So I decided to download and install bittorrent, and see how it works.
As far as I can tell, what's *supposed* to happen is that I go to a
bittorrent website, and then download the "starter" file from there, and
bittorrent is supposed to pick things up at this point.  (Using the data
in the .torrent file.)  (But if I'm wrong, please correct me!)

Yep.

I can download the ,torrent file, but I can't figure out how to get the
bittorrent system running from that point.

btdownloadgui.py --responsefile your.torrent

There are other command-line arguments you might find useful, like max_upload_rate. (run it with no arguments for a list)

There's also the btdownloadheadless.py and btdownloadcurses.py frontends, if you
don't like the wxPython GUI.

David.