Re: Printing text files with Fedora (impact printers)

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 11:37:24AM -0200, Rodrigo Malara wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> my company is acquiring an impact printer and we would want to print
> plain text files with it. In MS-DOS we would do the following:
>
> type file.txt > LPT1
>
> So, my question is: Can we (and how) do it using linux too? We have
> fedora core 1 running here...

In printconf-gui, choose a suitable driver for the printer (if it
is e.g. Epson-compatible, find a driver for the Epson model it
emulates) then in one of the screens, perhaps driver options, you
can select a checkbox for sending text as text (don't recall how
it is worded, it may be worded to render text as postscript, in
which case you want to UN-check it).

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He