Re: how do I enable ssl for apache

> Am So, den 04.01.2004 schrieb Ron Peters um 01:34:
>> > Am So, den 04.01.2004 schrieb Ron Peters um 00:51:
>> >
>> > [ snip ]

snip

> You did install the httpd rpm and mod_ssl? Made you own self-signed
> certificate/key?

I made my own self signed key.  I didn't add anything from the initial
install of the server though.

> What do you get when you try to access your SSL apache site by using a
> browser? If you did not something corious HTTPS would work by default
> without any needed changes. Maybe you should reset your ssl.conf
> settings back to default, especially the certificate/key entries.

I have had some progress though. I modified the ssl.conf and changed the
VirtualHost line from _default_ to mydomain.com.  This made is so I could
get to my site via https from a browser (woohoo).  However, going to the
same site via http, gives me the error that says I should try going
through https at the same site.

A little more info about my server.  I have it's own domain and two
virtual domains.  The only reason I really need https is so I can access
squirrelmail from outside my firewall.

Ideally, I would like all 3 of the domains to be accessible as normal via
http as well as the main domain to be accessible via https.

I've read a little that virtual domains that are non-ip (name based) won't
work with ssl.  I don't think that is an issue since I just want to access
the main IP/domain for ssl.  It seems that there are some virtualhost
settings in the ssl.conf that I'm not understanding.

> Alexander

Thanks for the continued help.