Re: wireless help newbie

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 19:40, Mike Watson wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> I just installed a Netgear MA311 today.  I didn't see any tab for
> "Wireless Settings" such as you described above.  I had to use
> iwconfig.
>
> Would you please repeat how to find the gui frontend to iwconfig?

If the NIC "Type" is listed a "Wireless" when you run
redhat-config-network, then you will see a "Wireless Settings" Tab when
you edit the device settings.

> Thanks.
>
> Also, has anyone had any problems retaining the wireless info.  I'm
> running encrypted and I have to enter the key each time I boot up.  The
> device appears ready, but the wireless NIC will not communicate until I
> re-enter the encryption key via iwconfig, then commit the data.

My wep keys are stored in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/keys-eth#

where the # sign is replaced with your device number. i.e. eth0 or eth1

Steve Cowles