Re: sendmail quickstart guide?

Am Fr, den 02.01.2004 schrieb Jeroen Lankheet um 23:11:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup a mailserver for my account. I just changed the MX record
> for my domain, and i am drowning in the sendmail options. Is there something
> like a quickstart guide? I already saw the RH9 one.
> What's the best starting place?
>
> Regards,
> Jeroen.

I fear there is no easy quickstarter guide for setting up a proper
sendmail - even any other MTA - mail server. Just because the material
is too complex to cover all circumstances which might interest.

Redhat and Fedora comes with a /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file with option
for most common tasks. Read the comments in the file for the options as
well http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/index.html for
specific things you want set up. On www.sendmail.org you will find some
instructions like for setting up virtual domains and on
www.sendmail.org/~ca/ there are more papers. comp.mail.sendmail is a
very good newsgroup where experts answering very fast. There is also a
www.sendmail.org/faq list with common questions.

Feel free to ask specific questions here or personal me by email (but I
am not really calling myself a sendmail expert ;).

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999