Re: Looking for mirror

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 19:25, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> > I'm having problems downloading the rpm files from Arjan's web site thru
> > a dial-up link. HTTP transfers with Mozilla usually stall before
> > completion and cannot be resumed. HTTP transfers with gftp complete, but
> > are the wrong length and fail md5sum.
>
> Are you sure you've told gftp that it is to download the stuff in
> binary, not text, mode?

Rick,

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree. Binary vs ASCII does not
apply to HTTP transfers. Still, to answer your question, the default FTP
mode is set to binary. And my gftprc file is still set to B for .rpm
file transfers.

I've reported this to Brian Masney. In the mean time, I'm looking for a
mirror.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL