Re: Running Anaconda in text mode

David Hunt wrote:
In an earlier email, from the "Installing Fedora from ISO Images" thread, I wrote:
The installation ran all the way through to the post-install configuration. Yehaaa!!!
But, don't pull out the beer just yet, then it crashed as follows:

mini-wm: fatal io error 2 (connection reset by peer) on x server :1.0
the application "anaconda" lost its connection to the display :1.0
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed the
application
install exited abnormally
sending termination signals...

In a response to this, same thread,  Rick Stevens wrote:

I'd recommend you try the install again, but install in text mode--not in graphic mode ("boot: text").
^^^^^^^^^^
If that works, then we can work on getting X functional.

In the "Anaconda crashes at random places during install" thread Josh Burks wrote:

Anaconda still crashes when it tries to run X, but the text based install
ran without flaw. After installed, I stuck my NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 and X
found the card and let me configure it. Everything seems great.

So, the question is...   How exactly do I force a text-based install?
Is this a LILO option that I set in lilo.conf?

Text-based installs are done by simply entering "text" at the "boot:" prompt when booting off the CD as is shown in the part above that you quoted:

> in graphic mode ("boot: text").

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     "Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?"     -