Re: Help needed with SanDisk CRUZER memory stick

W. Chris Shank wrote:

I just got a cruzer-256 too and it doesn't work with Fedora stock kernel
or the updated kernel (2.4.22-1.2135.nptl).

Has anyone figured out how to patch this to work?

Also - I find it disturbing that the patch would require a kernel
recompile. Isn't there any facility in Linux that will allow regular
users to add drivers easily? This is a major set back for desktop
usability otherwise.

The major information needed is what file system is the Cruzer formatted in. Is it ntfs? fat, vfat or ext3?

Also, what does the output of fdisk -l recognize the card as?

There was a query by someone at Redhat that wanted information that would help him narrow down the problem. You might want to file a bug in bugzilla against mount, kudzu, the kernel to get some help to resolve the problem with the card.

From what I read on the list, it seems the card recognizes itself as two different devices. (sda and sdb).

good luck on getting the problem resolved.

Jim