Re: Drivers for Canon i850?

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 03:11, Ben Ricker wrote:
> I am trying to get CUPs to work with the Canon i850 but to no joy. I
> found a program called Turboprint from Denmark that DOES support the
> i850 with a driver which works with CUPs but they want $25. Just wanted
> to see if there was any alternatives. Canon does not even MENTION the
> i850.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Ricker
[snip]

I have both a Canon BJC-3000 & S830D, which runs with Turboprint V1.85
under cups. They both work very well. The $25 is only a once off cost.
Compared to the standard cups drivers it's worth it. You have better
control of the printers features, and you can check the ink tank levels
as well (Just like the Canon Windows Drivers). You cannot do that with
the standard cups drivers. (And I don't think one ever will). And not to
mention, ones documents print where they are supposed to etc, etc. I
think that chap did a great job with Turboprint, it's well worth giving
a go.

Wolf