Re: The more I read the confuser I get.-the answer

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:39:33AM -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I will make it simple. If you by a RH Enterprise distribution or RH Workstation
> distribution can you install it freely on multiple machines or do you have to pay
> for each installation? Or is the service for the installation only good on one
> machine but the software can be installed on multiple machines?
> --
I got the answers to my questions. I went to the horses mouth. RedHat
said:
If you buy one Enterprise system or Workstation system and put it on
other machines you have the following three restrictions:
1. You can not update the other machines through binary updating. If
they find someone rampantly distributing their licenced updates to
unlcensed machines, they intend to take legal action.

2. You have to remove all references to the redhat name from the
unlicenced machines.

3. Their is a propritery IBM package included which will have to be
removed.

If anyone on from RedHat on the list disaggrees with this analysis of
RedHat's position I owuld be interested in hearing from them.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.