Re: [Re: [Re: no graphical boot since last kernel update]]

Michael Kearey <mutk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sean Middleditch wrote:
>
> >>Hmm . From dmesg :
> >>	Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
> >>In my grub.conf
> >>	kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2110.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
> >>

> >>And I still boot in plain old text [ Ok ] thing. Any other tips? (Not
> >>that I care *that* much about it)
> >

> > Just to double check, you do have rhgb still installed, yes?  Also, are
> > you sure there are no typos in your sysconfig GRAPHICAL=yes line?
>
> rpm -q rhgb
> rhgb-0.11.1-2
>
>  From /etc/sysconfig/init:
>
> # anything else => new style bootup without ANSI colors or positioning
> BOOTUP=color
> # Turn on graphical boot
> GRAPHICAL=yes
>

> Still no graphical boot. Quite odd.

Ditto. Or at least from one machine.  I have two machines running test3.  One
works with graphical boot, the other does not.  The one that does not is an
OLD HP Vectra VL.  It has a P2 and 128MB RAM.  The one that does work is a
little Compaq Presario with a Celeron and 320MB.  Neither has any of the new
fancy graphics cards.  The fact that they differ in this relatively minor way
is indeed odd.