Re: When doing an up2date, I get a warning about GPG not signed

Williams Jr, Ernest L. wrote:

This does not work.

The first command you suggest wants me to run rhn_register which fails.

The second command  does not understand the --import option!

Williams Jr, Ernest L. wrote:

Does anyone else get a warning about the packages not being signed with GPG??
This is potentially dangerous, right? Should I not proceed with the up2dates.

Apparently, from articles in the archives, not all the rawhide packages are signed, so this warning may occur.

To decrease the number of warnings for those packages that are signed, try this:

Install the rawhide key by doing

'up2date -u fedora-release'

after subscribing to the updates channel, and then

'rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-0.95/RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide'.

By doing this, I reduced my warning messages by about 90%.

You can also disable GPG signature checking by running as root

up2date --config

and selecting the Retrieval/Installation tab, then unchecking the "Use GPG to verify package integrity" box.

This choice should be used as last resort for security reasons.

BFD

For the second problem, try instead this line in the file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

yum rawhide http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/

which should work.

I was assuming that this was a fresh install. If you updated from RH9, did you install the corrected version of up2date issued in late August?

BFD