Re: Apt repositories for severn?

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 19:52, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> "the two" = Fedora Core and Fedora Linux? If so, see bottom of
> http://fedora.redhat.com/about/name.html and also http://www.fedora.us/

Yes, thanks.  But I don't see a comparison/juxtaposition on those
pages.  http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/terminology.html defines
"Fedora Core" as the package set comprising the distribution, but no
definition of "Fedora Linux" other than on the about/name.html page you
quote.  That page, however, implies that "Fedora Linux" will be "merged"
with the "Fedora project;" and since that page defines "Fedora Linux" as
a "community for ... building ... RPM packages for RedHat Linux," it
seems that "Fedora Linux" was not a distribution and has really been
replaced by the "Fedora Project."

:)  So the bottom line is I don't know how to explain the difference
between the "os/updates" apt repository and the
"stable/testing/unstable."  Is the former "Fedora Core" and the latter
the packages created by the "Fedora Linux" community but that will soon
be subsumed into Fedora Core?