Re: NVidia drivers cause Segmentation Faults in RH9 and Fedora Core beta

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 10:42 AM, Roberto J. Dohnert wrote:

Now to the Fedora Core Team: With the Beta release of Fedora Core I have
the same
problem with NVidia drivers, and the additional problem is that the screen
will
splash the NVidia splash screen then all will go black and I have to do a
force
reboot. Once again upgrading thye NVidia drivers did not clear the
problem up.

Roberto-

Bugzilla seems to be down right now <http://bugzilla.redhat.com> or I'd point you to the specific bug thread regarding NVidia drivers and Red Hat releases (if I recall correctly, it is one of the most active bugs), but the issue boils down to the fact that since NVidia releases their driver ONLY in a binary format (no source), Red Hat CAN AND WILL not help resolve any issues with the NVidia drivers. Try checking out the NVidia Linux support forum at <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14> It is regularly visited by the NVidia Linux driver developer(s), and is a pretty active forum. Someone there should probably be able to help you out. Hope this helps,

-Sean