Re: Installation problem on Compaq Notebook

Thomas Klinger wrote:

Hi,

I'm completly new to Fedora/Redhat and used former SuSE Prof. So hi there.
:)

Today I tried to install Fedora Core 1 tomy Compaq Presario Notebook, type
is 919EA.
The system freezes already at the language selection, the LED for the
harddisk goes on and stays so. Even after a while no further choices could
be done, system is dead.
I already investigated the release notes and tried different switches to the
kernel as well, without any success.
I read that on the Sony Vaio in case of problems the options pci=off and
ide1=<0xadress1>, <0xadress2> should be used, but where do I get these
adresses from? Using just pci=off results to a kernel panic (of course).

Any hints, tips and tricks appreciated, regards, Thomas