Re: general sendmail question

aha, i think i found it. I had to get home and open my sendmail 2nd ed
book, man was it dusty. Took abit to find since once i had my m4 macros
set for the various systems, I never needed to open it again. Its nice
when stuff just works :)

Anyhow it wasn't cc'ing that i had saw but thats how i recalled it.

What it was is a switch described on page 453 section 26.4 Log Transactions with
-X. It will record ALL input and output (including the message body) so
take note:

1. Have lotsa disk space
2. Protect that file

So run it in daemon mode with that switch, collect your data, then parse
it out.

Anyhow, you better get this in writing from your boss, the it security
dept and probably HR as well before even doing this. Even if your company
policy has an "all access monitored" policy, prepare to CYA before making
any changes. If they are emails, make copies and prints, if
prints, get them signed. Otherwise you could be fined, lose your job, have
a criminal record, etc etc.

If possible, go one step further and make the data file read only by your
managers id, write your script using a sample of your own mail data for
input and then have him/her install the script and run it so you never
even see the data or run the script.

-greg