some problems listing shares with samba

Hi everybody,

i use Fedora Core, actually the one and only linux client installation
here in my company :).
I was trying to cope with smb shares over our network. Everything is
running, more or less, but i found two very weird problems and somehow
annoying. Here they are, and pls forgive such a long post.

- n. 1:
        on a server running winnt 4 (i presume), we have several shares
        that i should be mounting at boot time. I was trying to list
        them all with:

        smbclient -L servername -o username=myself,password=myself

        (i am obviously not using my real username and pwd here...)

        and as i result i get a list of what i thought were *all* the
        shares on that machine.
        WRONG! One share, actually my group share, was not listed. It is
        present, accessibile, windows machines can see it by means of a
        trivial 'net view servername' and i can mount it by:

        smbmount //servername/computerworld /mnt/cw -o username=myself

        So this share is perfectly available, with rw permissions as it
        should, but it doesn't get listed with smbclient. This didn't
        happen with previous versions of samba and redhat up to 8.0. Any
        idea?

- n.2

        Still trying to mount smb shares over the network, something
        really weird happens with a smb share on a very old mac server
        (probably running appleshare ip or something similar). I can
        mount the share but i can't browse it! I prepared, as usual, a
        dir in /mnt for this share, and i can mount it in
        /mnt/macserver. But this is what i get trying to list /mnt:

        [root@brunettie mnt]# ls
        business  computerworld  floppy   macserver   win1
        cdrom     Eudora         idg01nt  serverhome  win2

        [root@brunettie mnt]# ls -lh
        ls: macserver: No such file or directory
        total 45K
        drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4.0K Nov 28 09:58 business
        drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4.0K Nov 11 14:15 cdrom
        drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4.0K May 20  2003
        computerworld
        drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4.0K Nov 20 14:23 Eudora
        drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4.0K Nov 11 14:15 floppy
        drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4.0K Nov 28 10:06 idg01nt
        drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4.0K Nov 11 13:11
        serverhome
        dr-x------    1 root     root          16K Nov 24 14:22 win1
        dr-x------    1 root     root         4.0K Nov 17 14:20 win2

        However, i can chdir into macserv. Can't list it:

        [root@brunettie macserver]# ls
        ls: .: No such file or directory

        I can also chdir into my dir on that server:

        [root@brunettie macserver]# cd Emiliano
        [root@brunettie Emiliano]# ls
        18  19  6

        and after that i can do normal ls operation.
        In the end, it works, but being unable to ls all the share is
        quite annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks eveyrbody.

E.