Re: please recommend sendmail references/books

sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gilbert Sebenste) writes:

> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Alexandre Strube wrote:
>
> > I use postfix now, because of the simple fact that fedora comes with it,
> > not sendmail or qmail (which I used to use). Its simple. It works. And
> > its easy to set up. Take a look at it before deciding.
> > Ou course sendmail will do, as qmail, but when postfix is already
> > there...
>
> Whre can I find out about Postfix, and getting Majordomo or Mailman to
> work with it? How secure is it?

http://www.postfix.org
It works with both majordomo and mailman.

The author wrote satan, tcp wrappers, and Postfix is securely and
safely written.

It is also easy to configure and runs "safely" out of the box.

If you need performance it also works well in that respect and has
good out-of-the-box anti-spam features.

Simon