Re: Bug with chkconfig? [WAS: Re: sendmail and smtps on fedora core 1]

On 27/11/2003 13:22 Dave Oxley wrote:
I've got this working now. It seems saslauthd wasn't started. I think there is a bug with chkconfig on Fedora Core 1.
I had to change:
chkconfig: - 95 05
chkconfig: 2345 95 05
in /etc/init.d/saslauthd because with the '-' chkconfig didn't turn the service on for any level when doing chkconfig --add saslauthd.

That's how it should work according to man chkconfig:

	"If the service should not, by default, be started in any
	 runlevels, a - should be used in place of the runlevels list."

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller Business |