Re: Mail client advice

If you must have a text-based client, I, too, would recommend mutt. I haven't used mutt/pine/elm in a long while now.

My setup is a Sendmail/IMAP based solution. I recently started using the default dovecot IMAP server and have found it to be the best IMAP server I have ever used. Courier-IMAP is OK and Washington University IMAP is also OK (but less so than courier), but dovecot stands above them both, IMHO.

I use Thunderbird (from Mozilla) for my E-mail client and have been very happy. I also have installed jawmail on my web server for remote access. This gives me graphical features from pretty much anywhere.

leam wrote:

Okay, I could use some help on picking a mail client. I'm shuffling the home computers around and want to end up with one file server and one Fedora based workstation; this means moving 5 years of e-mail!

leam

-- Doug Brott brott@xxxxxxxx