Re: Tuxracer on Fedora - SLOW!

Hi,

NVIDIA does NOT support drivers for Linux, hence the support for NVIDIA
cards is somewhat limited, namely in the 3D arena.

However, they do give you some proprietary binary drivers, which may or
may not have (the now do in Windows) support for MPAA approved
Macrovision restrictions, and will also taint Linux loosing support from
most (if not all) Linux developers.

You may get 3D with NVIDIA's binary only drivers (with a shrinkwrap
source code to adapt for each Linux version) but the drawbacks might not
be confortable.

I had a GeForce 2MX 32Mb and substituted it with an ATI Radeon 7500 with
64MB, for which I am much happier.

Hugs, Rui

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 11:00, Nick Wilson wrote:
> * and then mwafkowski declared....
> > Tell us some more about your hardware setup. You have the 3D drivers
> > installed?
>
> Well, I told a lie earlier - I DO NOT see the nvidia splash page!
>
> When I installed it detected my card as NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic) and
> in the XFree86Config file I have 'nv' as the driver... Is that what you
> mean?
+ So let's do it...?