Re: Windows terminal server

James Drabb wrote:

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 13:48, Lisa Durham wrote:

Ok, I can connect to a Windows Terminal Server using rdesktop but how do I go about logging into a VPN running from the same machine.

In Windows, I have a vpn connection I use, then I use remote desktop connection in WinXP to get to my actual machine at work, not the Terminal Server. Our Terminal Server is the box I connect to using the VPN.

I want to connect to the VPN THEN use rdesktop to reach the correct machine on the network. I hope I'm making this clear.

Thanks,
Lisa Durham

What VPN client do you use? You need to find out what client can connect. For example I use the Netlock VPN Client for Nortel Contivity. The client works on Linux, MS Windows, Solaris, Mac, AIX and HP-UX. The client can connect to Nortel Contivity and Cisco 3000. It is a commercial client and runs about $89 or so. Basically find out what client you use.

From my XP box all I do is set up a VPN connection (I guess the client is built into WindowsXP?) under network connections.

As you can see I know almost nothing about this topic.

Thanks,

Lisa Durham