Re: Windows terminal server

Santavy Peter wrote:

My school board uses a windows terminal server that I can log into using

windows.  They have a terminal program I can download into windows.  How
can I do this using Linux??

You can do this using rdesktop.

rdesktop-1.2.0-2 is located on installation CDs.

High encryption level (MS terminology in RDP setup) is supported, but
local devices not.

Bye.

Peter

Ok, I can connect to a Windows Terminal Server using rdesktop but how do I go about logging into a VPN running from the same machine.

In Windows, I have a vpn connection I use, then I use remote desktop connection in WinXP to get to my actual machine at work, not the Terminal Server. Our Terminal Server is the box I connect to using the VPN.

I want to connect to the VPN THEN use rdesktop to reach the correct machine on the network. I hope I'm making this clear.

Thanks,
Lisa Durham