Re: shutdown disappeared

Steffan Jacobs wrote:

Antti wrote:

I just clicked shutdown and it says: shutdown: command not found. I did
'locate shutdown' and I found it, but after updatedb it had vanished.
What the hell happened? Where do I get a new shutdown? Halt doesn't work
either since, AFAIK halt uses shutdown also...

Did you do anything with root in that session? You must have because only root could delete it. However whatever the cause, it sounds like you will have to reinstall it from the cd. Does anyone know what package it's in?