Re: "Disk Druid" After installation

>     I had to mess with a lot of partitioning things tonight...nothing
> exotic....but it seemed like it would have taken a lot less time (and I
> would have been more accurate) if I were able to use Disk Druid (or
> whatever the executable is called) were available.
>
>     Is that available after-the-fact?  What's it called?  It sure would
> have been a lot easier...

I've been messing with RedHat systems and partitioning (fdisk & parted)
for many years and I've always thought that a graphical partitioning
tool should be available after the initial install.  Like you, I even
posted these thoughts a couple of years back.  The interesting part is
that at that time, I did receive a reply from one of the RedHat guys.
He basically said that Disk Druid would eventually be made available for
use after the install.  Since that was well over two years ago, I doubt
that we are going to see it any time soon.

This leaves us with two choices for graphical partitioning after
install:
1.  QtParted - This GUI for the parted utility is available for download
at qtparted.sourceforge.net.  I've used it many times before and it
seems to work fine, but its functionality is very limited.
2.  DiskDrake - Switch to Mandrake and use their DiskDrake utility. I'm
not a fan of the Mandrake distribution, so this isn't a viable solution
for me.

If anyone else has other alternatives, let us know.

Good luck,
Brian Hanks