Re: RSYNC Fedora

Dan Goodes wrote:

Just to clarify here, we (PlanetMirror) lost a number of disks in a raid
array, and are working on restoring service. As you noted, this means that
RH and Fedora are missing, among others (albeit temporarily, but I don't
have an ETA at this stage).

Still offtopic, but I read the informix newsgroup, and there is a resident who posts regularly on the evils of RAID5 - mainly that no matter how many disks you have, if two disks die, the second before the recovery of the first is complete, you lose everything. I'm just curious to see if you used RAID5?

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems

Tel +61 7 3857 7899