Re: Gimp Dependencies that have dependencies!

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 16:56, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Justin P. Steiger wrote :
>
> > I have looked high and low for everything I need for gimp 1.3.22 and so
> > far all I've found is that the dependancies for gimp have dependancies
> > for their dependancies. I've basicly got a bone stock install of Fedora
> > Core 1 and an rpm from Matthias in fedora-list #335. This gimp has
> > several dependancies I've been unable to install for one reason or
> > another.
>
> As I said previously, gimp 1.3.x breaks gimp-print, gtkam-gimp, and (I had
> forgotten them) apparently xsane-gimp and gimp-perl. If you want 1.3.x,
> either remove all those packages and upgrade, or install with -ivh in order
> to have both 1.2.x and 1.3.x installed. If you use apt, you'll probably
> want to add gimp to the list of allowed duplicates to have it stop
> complaining.
>
> BTW, 1.3.23 is available :-)

Another opportunity I can't let pass to shamelessly plug my "gimp-beta"
packages which show no hassles in this regard due to clever naming ;o).

To use it with yum:

/etc/yum.conf:
[...]
[nils-extras]
name=Nils' Extras - $basearch
baseurl=http://lisas.de/~nils/yum/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/extras/
gpgcheck=1
[...]

To use it with up2date:

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources:
[...]
yum nils-extras http://lisas.de/~nils/yum/fedora/1/i386/extras/
[...]

Gimp 1.3.22 is there, 1.3.23 will be there shortly.

Nils
--
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp@xxxxxxxxxx