Re: Need Help - S3 KM133 CTX MS700 Combo

Em Seg, 2003-11-24 às 12:23, Christopher A. Williams escreveu:

> Switching the driver to the standard vesa driver (same XF86Config file
> except I replace the line "driver savage" with "driver vesa") at least
> gets me a 1024x768 24-bit picture, but it's unaccelerated, so games like
> Tux Racer are horrible. Help! This guy is interested in selling PCs with
> Linux and Fedora is making him have second thoughts!

Some experience here with savage chips... if you want acceleration,
well... that's not trivial. First, fedora (and redhat9) use xfree 4.3,
and the only accelerated driver for savage chips runs only under xfree
4.2. Same problem for mesa, which is what matters about 3d anyway.

The old maintainer for savage drivers, (the one at probo.com), Tim
Roberts, gave up of it, as via/s3 released this open source driver.. For
older versions of mesa/xfree. Seems there's little interest on porting
it to recent software versions on linux-video list. I'm saving some
money for an Ati Radeon :-)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group