Re: 3c905b

James Lemke wrote:
I've done a full (not an upgrade) install on a P2-450 box.
Went well except that when I try to activate eth0 the machine hangs hard
(requires a power cycle) unless the e/net cable is not connected.

Is there a known problem with the 3c905 driver?

On one of the bugzilla reports, there was mention that this problem seemed to start when ethertool joined in with kudzu's operation process.

I guess these cards have not been fixed yet.

Jim

-- Are you making all this up as you go along?