Re: USB card reader

A.J. Bonnema wrote:
Ok, did that. It didn't help though.

devlabel add -d /dev/sda1 -s /smartcardreader

"
/dev/sda1 does not exist.
Failure. Since this device does not exist, it did not return an identifier.
"

Practically the same message was returned for /dev/sda.

Using /dev/sda won't work. The way my 6-in-1 works is each slot appears like a different partition. However I've only used the CF slot for now. I tried to use it with an SD card months ago with RH9 and it didn't work.

Could it be a problem that it contains 6 containers for different kinds of smartcards?

That's probably part of it. Try /dev/sda1 ... /dev/sda6 and see if any of those work.

If not, then try getting a different 6-in-1 reader. The first one I had didn't work with Linux no matter what I did. I returned it and got this one and it's worked perfectly, at least with CF cards.

-- Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/ greg @ gulik.org