Re: I think fedora needs...

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 14:26, pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ummm....There is a Photoshop/PaintShopPro equivalent.
>
> It's called Gimp.
>

> > > Personally - I think that Linux needs:
> > >
> > > CorelDraw equivalent
> > > MS Publisher equivalent
> > > PhotoShop/PaintShopPro equivalent
> > > Kazaa/Soulseek clients

Every professional PhotoShop user out there will tell you that the Gimp
in it's current state is nowhere near a PhotoShop equivalent (but yes
it's getting there).

As for Kazaa, if it's Gnutella you're missing then Limewire has a linux
client freely available.

Scribus is a DTP alternative for linux, but as I haven't used either
Scribus or MS Publisher I have no idea how they compare:
http://www.scribus.org.uk/

Lastly, maybe Inkspace could serve as a replacement for Coreldraw for
you? http://www.inkscape.org/  (again, I have no experience with either,
these are just suggestions for things to look at).

Cheers,
--
Tarjei