Re: Chinese support

Probably for the frist part.

Why don't you have .i18n file under your home directory with

LANG="zh_CN.GB18030"

In that way, if you want to use chinese settings you can log into different person and use it and when your colleges need to use it, they can login as different person.

To do this also, your global setting should be en_US.UTF-8 for others to use.

Regards,

David Joo

gh wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install Chinese simplified support for a colleague in FC 1 but I have some issues.

I need an English desktop with occasional Chinese text input for kmail, OO etc.. Now my colleague has to change the "language" (system setttings-->language, with root password!!), logout and log back in.
- How can I avoid the language/user change?

I believe that the Chinese input program installed is XCin. The feedback that I get is that it is very slow and inefficient compared to the Windoze version.
- Has anybody seen/installed something better?

Some guidance would be appreciated.

gh