Re: up2date how to

redhat wrote:
I have just changed several machines over from RH to Fedora. The
up2date function appears to be identical. I ran it and it showed me
quite a few packages that needed to be updated but when I selected the
updates it collected the RPMs but then hung on the installation. I was
curious if we have to go out and get the newer up2date RPMs like on RH? Can anyone advise?
thanks,
DF

From what I have picked up from the lists. I think that it is best to get your new up2date version before updating a large stream of programs.

I always feared a broken up2date, afer upgrade and installed it last though.

The latest version of up2date seems to be working pretty decent for me. (up2date-4.1.16-1)

One thing that is confusing though was the comment at around needing up2date as default. If you install fedora-release or RH release package that their is no channel for, up2date will not work.

Also, after RHL9 and the first two beta versions, everything is local, yum or apt enabled. There are no more channels for the later distros or betas.

Jim