Re: USB Card reader (resend)

Rick Stevens wrote:
I have a similar device.  The device itself will show up as a single
pseudo-scsi device (e.g. "/dev/sda" or "/dev/sdb", depending on how
many things are on your USB bus).  The media itself should show up
as a partition on that device.

You can "fdisk -l /dev/sda" (or whichever "/dev/sd" device it is) and
see the partition table.

I did this on several devices: from /dev/sda to /dev/sdz it always just returns without response. I do this as root.

I also tried fdisk -l /dev/sda1 through 10 and sdb1 through 10. No response.

I have no idea which device to look to. usbview can locate the device fine, no problem. As you saw in the previous, I just don't know what device to use in order to mount it.

Is there some kind of scan program, that tells me which scsi devices are active?

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 with the Linux Counter