RE: Installing Xine/Mplayer?

> Xine does not require those files.
>
> Al I used is:
> 1) curl-7.10.3-1.i386.rpm (newer version in FC1)
> 2) libxine1-1_cvs-030913.i686.rpm
> 3) xine-ui-0.9.22cvs-030913.i586.rpm
>
> and the codec file:
> w32codec-0.52-1.i386.rpm
>
> Installing with RH9 was a problem with me for Mplayer, Xine went
> flawless. So I stayed with Xine...
>
> PatrickM
>
> "All you have to decide, is what to do
> with the time that is given to you..."

I personally just build this stuff from source....

Here is a quick runthrough if you got the dev packages loaded.

http://ftp3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/extralite.tar.bz2
http://ftp3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/fonts/font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2
http://ftp3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/Skin/Blue-1.0.tar.bz2
http://ftp3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0pre2.tar.bz2

take extralite and extract it to a folder named 'codecs' your create in
this location;
/usr/local/lib/codecs

extract mplayer-1.0.tar.bz2 and run this inside of the folder

../configure --enable-gui
make
su
make install

at the end of this it will tell you about the font and Skin folder

extract blue-1.0 into this folder,
/usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin/default
(you gotta make the 'default' folder and use the contents of 'Blue' so all
your files exist in default/*

extract the fonts and you'll have like 4 different sizes... pick a size (i
use 18) and move the contents of the size 18 folder to
/usr/local/share/mplayer/font

run gmplayer by typing 'gmplayer'

Keep your sources in some source repository, if you want to uninstall you
can go back into them and type 'make uninstall', and 'make clean' to
recompile again.

I guess when that's done, you probably want something like this;

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mplayerplug-in/mplayerplug-in-1.0pre2.tar.gz?download

extract that and run these commands inside of that folder
../configure
make
su
mv mplayerplug-in.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

And now you got embedded windows media 9 and quicktime 6 support for
mozilla. (as well as mpeg and what have you)

--
Michael
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary,