Re: Chinese support

gh wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install Chinese simplified support for a colleague in FC 1 but I have some issues.

I need an English desktop with occasional Chinese text input for kmail, OO etc.. Now my colleague has to change the "language" (system setttings-->language, with root password!!), logout and log back in.
- How can I avoid the language/user change?

If doing a graphical login (runlevel 5) then the login screen has options at the bottom, one of which is to select the language for this session. I selected simplified Chinese and logged in. Does this help?

Chris