Re: Modem not detected

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 06:47:54PM -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:13:46AM +0100, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed Fedora last week and it works fine, except for my external
> > modem (E-Tech E56RVP+). Initialy it was detected and included during
> > install, but at all subsequent reboots kudzu complained, that the modem
> > had been removed and gave me a choice to remove it. I thought removing
> > it would force it to re-detect the modem: alas, this is not true.
> >
> > Now I am clueless how to get the modem reconnected.

I'd try:
1. shut down the computer
2. disconnect the modem
3. boot it up
4. shut it down
5. reconnet the modem
6. boot up again, see if kudzu notices it this time.
If not, it's no big deal, just create your own /dev/modem pointing to
the real serial port. e.g., if the modem is on com2 (/dev/ttyS1), do:
	ln -s /dev/ttyS1 /dev/modem
while logged in as root. Voila!