Re: [Re: fedora install not finding /dev/hda]

Elliott Wilcoxon wrote:
Hmm, the pictures on all my WD drives just show no jumper on there for the 'only thing on the IDE channel' option (I forget their term for it).

In the future, try to bottom post if you can.

It's called "cable select" and it is one of the most evil things I've
ever seen.  It works, oh, about 30% of the time and causes nothing but
grief the other 70% of the time.  I HIGHLY recommend you DON'T use it.
Jumper to master or slave and if your BIOS doesn't like it, upgrade the
BIOS.  Jumpering a drive that's the only thing on the bus as master
absolutely SHOULD work.