Re: CD Recording software opinions asked

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 13:19, Thomas wrote:

> 1. It asks me to enable scsi-ide emulation on my other cd-rom for direct
> copying. How would i do that?

Find out the device name of your other CDROM. There's various ways of
doing that, but for a nice GUI method just run hwbrowser.

Assuming the CDROM in question is /dev/hdb then edit your
/etc/grub.conf, and add to the line that starts with "kernel /boot..."
the following:

hdb=ide-scsi

The ide-scsi.o module should be loaded each time you boot now.

> 2. Your mentioned verify works very simple. I went through all the
> menus, but I couldnt find a verify option. Sorry for beeing that stupid,
> but where is it?

It's not in any preferences menu, but appears once you hit the "burn"
button - on the "Writing" tab on the bottom left - "Verify written
data".

--
[H]omer