Re: Why am I getting these?

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 01:59, Arindam Dey wrote:
> The Below messages pop up on right clicking the rhn-applet and clicking
> Launch up2date when up2date is trying to retrieve the packages.
>
> The package glibc-devel-2.3.2-101.1 does not have a valid GPG signature.
> It has been tampered with or corrupted.  Continue?

[snipped]

> So where is the error is it in the repository or is it just me?

    Yeah, I have that from time to time, too; it means you don't have
the 'key' from one of the sites that 'proves' it came from the original
site.  It keeps you from getting faked files and spending your Linux
career fighting viruses like we did under Windows.  :)

    You'll need to get the key...it's usually pretty simple, something
like:

    rpm --import /path/to/the/key/you/download

    ...and you won't have that anymore.

    It's safe, it's a good idea, and I whole-heartedly endorse the
idea.  They usually put a link to the key (a text file) on the main
site, and you just download it and run it through the command above, and
then you can toss that file.  Beware, though; I'm giving you that
command from memory- I might have forgotten something.

    Good luck!
Brian FahrlÃnder                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262